A gift from the heart is cherished and true, a present is best when love’s given, too. So in the end it’s love that’s the reason Christmas is more than a gift giving season. It’s a time with our loved one to show that we care. When families and neighbors come together to share. So this Christmas season let’s all do out parts, to keep Christmas spirit alive in our hearts.
I want this one moment. It’s what I want in a relationship, which might explain why I’m single now. It’s kind of hard to- It’s that thing when you’re with someone and you love them and they know it, and they love you and you know it- But it’s a party! And you’re both talking to other people, and you’re laughing and shining, and you look across the room and catch each other’s eyes. But not because you’re possessive or it’s precisely sexual, but because that is your person in this life. And it’s funny and sad but only because this life will end. And it’s this secret world that exists right there, in public, unnoticed that no one knows about. It’s sort of like how they say that other dimensions exist all around us but we don’t have the ability to perceive them? That’s what I want out of a relationship or just life, I guess.
1. Are her lips like the hot chocolate your mother made
During the winter months when you were seven? Or have you not tasted her well enough to find the fine granules of cocoa that lightly come with each kiss?
2. Do you know her favorite songs? Not when she is happy, but when she is sad. What music reaches inside her ribcage and softly consoles her heart?
3. When she is sad, are you on the phone or are you at her door? Words do not wipe away tears, fingers do.
4. Do you know all the things that keep her up at night? Do you know why she has gone three days without sleep? Do you know of the insurmountable waves of sadness that wash over her like a tsunami?
5. Do you know the things to say that will calm her heartbeat? The places to touch? The places to love?
6. Everytime you see her do you kiss her like it’s the last time but love her like it’s the first?
001. youth, foxes // 002. wake me up, avicii // 003. mountain sound, of monsters and men // 004. pompeii, bastille // 005. burn, ellie goulding // 006. on top of the world, imagine dragons // 007. little talks, of monsters and men // 008. royals, lorde // 009. it takes two, katy perry // 010. clarity, zedd ft. foxes // 011. ghost lights, woodkid // 012. dreaming, smallpools // 013. animal, neon trees // 014. still into you, paramore
I want you to bite my lip until I can no longer speak,
and then suck my ex-girlfriends name out of my mouth
just to make sure she never comes up in our conversations.
I want you to come to me like an afternoon.
Come to me slowly as if you were a broken sunset
with a lazy sky on your shoulders.
If you let me be your sunlight,
I promise that I will penetrate your darkness
until you speak in angel wings.
Pull me close to you.
Tell me that you love me
and then scratch your future into my back
so I could be everything that you live for.
I promise that I will die for you daily
and then resurrect in your screams.
I promise that I will love you.
I promise that I will love you as if it’s the only thing
that I’ve ever done correctly.
We live in this culture where everything is supposed to be so hip and so cool, and it’s not cool to love, and it’s not cool to take care of each other, and it’s not cool to stand up for ourselves. But you know what? Fuck all of that. I believe in love, and I believe that the only way that we are going to survive this fucking craziness that’s going on in our world today is if we just learn to look at love. Turn our heads the other way from all the bullshit and fucking love.